Skemaholics Anonymous

Layouts 4 Ning and more!

Come on in and introduce yourself! I'll start.

I'm AnGella, I started this network after we lost the use of Skem9.com. I had so much fun there learning how to do this stuff and seeing all the work other people made that I wanted to keep posting with others. I had started my own site to offer my design services but it was no fun posting alone. So here we are!

I'm pretty easy going. I'm modest. I'm an artaholic. I always wanted to be an artist when I grew up. My Senior year in High School was all art classes except for one required class... Econ. I wanted to go to MCAD (Minneapolis College of Art and Design) but didn't have the money post graduation. Then I guess I fell into the trap of believing I could never make a living with my art. Ok, I'm still not making any money on my art... but maybe one day. I really only got back into creating it in the past year.

I went to college when I was 25. I was able to apply for loans and grants at that time. I put art on the back burner and went for a degree in Anthropology with an emphasis in Forensics. (Death Investigation) I love it as much as art but just can't picture myself around dead people all day every day. I'd much rather make art even if it doesn't pay as well. There's that modesty... I don't need much in the way of possessions. Happiness is much more valuable to me.

Anything you want to know, just ask. :)

Views: 1776

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for first taking the time to check out my inspiration and to step inside my kreative box. I meet people all across the world through MySpace & Ning and no matter what walks of life they come from, they respect the art form. I get asked many questions about how i started and what inspired me, so I wanted to use this forum as a way to let those who are inspired by me and vice versa understand my start.

HOW DID I GET STARTED IN DESIGNING?:
It's very crazy. I hate to call it an accident because i know god doesn't make mistakes but it caught me off guard. I used to draw all of my life, something that runs through my family bloodline. My mother was excellent with computers and taught me the basics on how to work one. Then I started playing around with Photoshop and one thing led to another... A few years later, I've opened up Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom and Flash and never stopped ever since... Lol.

WHO ARE SOME OF MY BIGGEST INSPIRATIONS IN GRAPHIC DESIGNING?:
My number one all time favorite inspiration would have to be Adhemas Batistas because he works from scratch. His artwork starts with a blank canvas and transforms into a mesh of colors and shapes. It's amazing to me how he is so precise with his illustrations.

DO I EVER FEEL LIKE MY WORK COULD BE BETTER?:
Absolutely! I dont think there is an artist that vain. But that is the most beautiful thing about it. Art is never finished. As you grow from being new to designing and transitioning to a full fledged artist, you will look back over your work and say "WOW THAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE LIKE THIS OR LIKE THAT". That show's you that you are growing. It's important for an artist to be a critic of themselves. It not only keeps them humble but it is a timeline. It also helps them to be more accepting of artist who aspire to follow that genre as well.

IF I COULD TELL A NEW ARTIST ONE THING (OR ONE TIP OR ADVICE), WHAT WOULD IT BE?:
1. NEVER EVER GIVE UP. THAT'S WITH ANYTHING. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS, USE THAT FRUSTRATION. TO THIS DAY I STILL USE MY AGGRAVATION OF DESIGNING AS MY WEAPON TO BE A BETTER ARTIST. (WITHOUT A STRUGGLE, THERE IS NO PROGRESS-FREDERICK DOUGLASS)
2. NEVER EVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU THAT YOUR WORK IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND THAT YOU SHOULD STOP DESIGNING.
EVERYONE STARTS SOMEWHERE. I SEE PEOPLE ON MYSPACE ALL THE TIME WITH 20,000 FRIENDS AND A WHOLE HEAP OF COMMENTS AND THEY SOMEHOW FIGURE IT'S AN INVITATION TO TELL SOMEONE WHO THEY FEEL IS LESS EXPERIENCED THAN THEM, THAT THEY SHOULD GIVE UP OR THAT THEY AREN'T A REAL ARTIST....
PLEASE DONT LET DREAM KILLERS KILL YOUR DREAMS...15,000 FRIENDS DOESN'T CHANGE WHO I AM... NOR WILL IT IF I HAD 2. SO WITH THAT BEING SAID.... NEVER GIVE UP!!!
Your's Truly,
King Kreations
Nope God doesn't make mistakes does he? I'm thanking him for leading you this way right now. :)

KING KREATIONS said:
Thank you for first taking the time to check out my inspiration and to step inside my kreative box. I meet people all across the world through MySpace & Ning and no matter what walks of life they come from, they respect the art form. I get asked many questions about how i started and what inspired me, so I wanted to use this forum as a way to let those who are inspired by me and vice versa understand my start.

HOW DID I GET STARTED IN DESIGNING?:
It's very crazy. I hate to call it an accident because i know god doesn't make mistakes but it caught me off guard. I used to draw all of my life, something that runs through my family bloodline. My mother was excellent with computers and taught me the basics on how to work one. Then I started playing around with Photoshop and one thing led to another... A few years later, I've opened up Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom and Flash and never stopped ever since... Lol.

WHO ARE SOME OF MY BIGGEST INSPIRATIONS IN GRAPHIC DESIGNING?:
My number one all time favorite inspiration would have to be Adhemas Batistas because he works from scratch. His artwork starts with a blank canvas and transforms into a mesh of colors and shapes. It's amazing to me how he is so precise with his illustrations.

DO I EVER FEEL LIKE MY WORK COULD BE BETTER?:
Absolutely! I dont think there is an artist that vain. But that is the most beautiful thing about it. Art is never finished. As you grow from being new to designing and transitioning to a full fledged artist, you will look back over your work and say "WOW THAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE LIKE THIS OR LIKE THAT". That show's you that you are growing. It's important for an artist to be a critic of themselves. It not only keeps them humble but it is a timeline. It also helps them to be more accepting of artist who aspire to follow that genre as well.

IF I COULD TELL A NEW ARTIST ONE THING (OR ONE TIP OR ADVICE), WHAT WOULD IT BE?:
1. NEVER EVER GIVE UP. THAT'S WITH ANYTHING. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATING IT IS, USE THAT FRUSTRATION. TO THIS DAY I STILL USE MY AGGRAVATION OF DESIGNING AS MY WEAPON TO BE A BETTER ARTIST. (WITHOUT A STRUGGLE, THERE IS NO PROGRESS-FREDERICK DOUGLASS)
2. NEVER EVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU THAT YOUR WORK IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND THAT YOU SHOULD STOP DESIGNING.
EVERYONE STARTS SOMEWHERE. I SEE PEOPLE ON MYSPACE ALL THE TIME WITH 20,000 FRIENDS AND A WHOLE HEAP OF COMMENTS AND THEY SOMEHOW FIGURE IT'S AN INVITATION TO TELL SOMEONE WHO THEY FEEL IS LESS EXPERIENCED THAN THEM, THAT THEY SHOULD GIVE UP OR THAT THEY AREN'T A REAL ARTIST....
PLEASE DONT LET DREAM KILLERS KILL YOUR DREAMS...15,000 FRIENDS DOESN'T CHANGE WHO I AM... NOR WILL IT IF I HAD 2. SO WITH THAT BEING SAID.... NEVER GIVE UP!!!
Your's Truly,
King Kreations
Hi AnGella and everybody!

I'm "TJ" here on Ning and I am not artistically inclined at all! I came here to learn something about art and design, and because I think AnGella is a pretty cool person! She is a member of my network and I've had pleasant interactions with her there.

I know something about Ning mods and hacks, and try to learn more each day. I have some experience with javascript and jQuery programming. I also do website programming using ASP.NET and database programming with MS Access and SQL Server. Even though Ning lists me as living in Beverly Hills, I'm actually in NC.

Thanks for posting your Bio, AnGella, I found it very interesting! Best wishes to everyone here!

"TJ"
Hi there TJ! Welcome to our happy little Ning site! You're pretty cool yourself and if there is anything I can help you with I would be happy to! :)

TJ James said:
Hi AnGella and everybody!

I'm "TJ" here on Ning and I am not artistically inclined at all! I came here to learn something about art and design, and because I think AnGella is a pretty cool person! She is a member of my network and I've had pleasant interactions with her there.

I know something about Ning mods and hacks, and try to learn more each day. I have some experience with javascript and jQuery programming. I also do website programming using ASP.NET and database programming with MS Access and SQL Server. Even though Ning lists me as living in Beverly Hills, I'm actually in NC.

Thanks for posting your Bio, AnGella, I found it very interesting! Best wishes to everyone here!

"TJ"
Greetings...I am His Assholiness....aka Daniel The Last...aka DTL
I started VULGARIA with my dear friend Babydiabolical.
I am the Host, shes the talent.
Most folks tend to learn the rules, before breaking them.
I tend to make up the rules as i go.
I do virtually everything i do, online, in a comment box.
I work with out a net.
If i don't like something , i'll try and make up a code to make things work
with varying results.
I have been known to jump in CSS and lock up the entire site ( several times )
only to sneak on as someone else ( I had made an Admin )
to un-skrew up what i did.
Once in a while things work out.
Wicked Grins...
Lovely to be here, AnGella is a Treasure
: )
Welcome DTL, Hope you find everything you need. :)

Daniel The Last said:
Greetings...I am His Assholiness....aka Daniel The Last...aka DTL
I started VULGARIA with my dear friend Babydiabolical.
I am the Host, shes the talent.
Most folks tend to learn the rules, before breaking them.
I tend to make up the rules as i go.
I do virtually everything i do, online, in a comment box.
I work with out a net.
If i don't like something , i'll try and make up a code to make things work
with varying results.
I have been known to jump in CSS and lock up the entire site ( several times )
only to sneak on as someone else ( I had made an Admin )
to un-skrew up what i did.
Once in a while things work out.
Wicked Grins...
Lovely to be here, AnGella is a Treasure
: )
Welcome everyone! :) Hope to hear from all of you more.
Welcome Kris! Let us know if you need anything!

Kris said:
Hey Everyone!

My name is Kris.
I am only a senior in High School
I have my own ning site! Pimp My Themes
I am a member/moderator on a couple ning sites. I mainly stay on sites that teach about css and things like that.
I am a grapic designer, am even going to go to college for it.

Well thats all for now. Contact Me if you wanna know anything else.
Hey Kris :)
thanks for joining our network
Hi Kris. Welcome!

Kris said:
Hey Everyone!

My name is Kris.
I am only a senior in High School
I have my own ning site! Pimp My Themes
I am a member/moderator on a couple ning sites. I mainly stay on sites that teach about css and things like that.
I am a grapic designer, am even going to go to college for it.

Well thats all for now. Contact Me if you wanna know anything else.
So glad you found us! John was the creator of Skem9 and he did a good thing. :)

Debbie said:
I like many, used to be a member of skem9.com. Not sure what happened to the site but loved the layouts and the people there. The young man who started the site was very talented and gave others the opportunity to use their creativity and skills by show casing their layouts on skem9. As for me, I enjoyed the generator which allowed me to use my imagination when creating layouts. This is a wonderful site and so glad someone took the time and energy to bring back the memories..hats off to you!

As for me, I am a Christian Life Coach; mother of three grown kids; and working to keep my own Ning network thriving :+)

Best wishes to everyone! Live LIFE one moment at a time and ENJOY!!

Debbie
christianlifecoaching.ning.com
Welcome Kris, Debbie, and Jeanie! Looking forward to seeing your themes Jeanie.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

Translate!

Forum

Shiny Happy Random Thread 1595 Replies

Started by AnGella in Meeting Place. Last reply by James McDonald Jan 28.

RIP Skemanon 2009 - 2021 27 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Jun 3, 2023.

Apologies for Delayed Moderation 9 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by ღCustom Creationsღ Test Page Apr 21, 2021.

Skemanon 2020? 36 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Aug 10, 2020.

How to make puffy stickers in PSP 16 Replies

Started by QueenJackie in Tutorials ~ In General. Last reply by Connie (。♥‿♥。) Mar 14, 2020.

Generators!

Click the buttons below to make your own layouts!

SiteModel

Ning Generator

Skinny Ning

Biker Or Not

Test Your Ning Code Here!

Create!

Contribute to SA

Find this site helpful? Please consider a donation!

Random Ning Networks

© 2024   Created by AnGella.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service