Skemaholics Anonymous

Layouts 4 Ning and more!

I'm fairly speechless and at the same time I have so much to say that I can't get it all out in one sitting...

http://creators.ning.com/forum/topics/announcing-ning-3

Feel free to share your thoughts or just plain vent.

Views: 1497

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, I wasn't sure how to respond to this as I am still not sure how this will effect us. I am considering creating a generator once I have created my own look or two for the new design. However, I can't make promises on my time quite yet with my little guy here. :) So I have no idea how long it will be before I style my Sand box site.

Once I have it figured out I will see what I will do with it. Only being useful to NCs and obviously offering support, I may have to have a membership fee for support, use and licensing. I haven't decided. If I did have a membership usage fee I would love some ideas of a fair price for an annual membership. I would be looking to try and offset the new fees of course. And I am sure I would do a site or two for a donation and the cost of feedback on bugs etc. Otherwise paying that kind of money to offer a free service has become far to expensive for my income from Google and my time with my little one. (Translation = Scott won't be letting me spend entire days coding anymore, much less my nursing son. lol) We are all feeling the pinch right now. :( If it is something general and you just need to ask a forum question, that's still free of course. It's the extensive work and customization that I would charge for my time.
PerseH said:

With Ning making the changes to the new Ning 3.0, we will be all forced to go with the Design Studio. I am fine with this but of course all of the CSS will be different quite soon even with the Design Studio we all know now.

I myself as a Creator am changing over to the Design studio now to limit any update issues Ning will be doing as they make their platform changes.

I am hoping to get some help here for my Main page when I make this change, hopefully I won't need a Designer to create my background for my Main page but I would love to hear from the Designers here if I can easily do this or if I will need help.

Thank you for any help and guidance, maybe we can all hold each others hands while we make this transition.

Persephone

Okay I am on my Ning Sandbox and quite liking it. I did a theme with the Design Studio you guys have but have to wait to see what CSS changes Ning does when they have completed their changeover.

AnGella said:

Ok, I wasn't sure how to respond to this as I am still not sure how this will effect us. I am considering creating a generator once I have created my own look or two for the new design. However, I can't make promises on my time quite yet with my little guy here. :) So I have no idea how long it will be before I style my Sand box site.

Once I have it figured out I will see what I will do with it. Only being useful to NCs and obviously offering support, I may have to have a membership fee for support, use and licensing. I haven't decided. If I did have a membership usage fee I would love some ideas of a fair price for an annual membership. I would be looking to try and offset the new fees of course. And I am sure I would do a site or two for a donation and the cost of feedback on bugs etc. Otherwise paying that kind of money to offer a free service has become far to expensive for my income from Google and my time with my little one. (Translation = Scott won't be letting me spend entire days coding anymore, much less my nursing son. lol) We are all feeling the pinch right now. :( If it is something general and you just need to ask a forum question, that's still free of course. It's the extensive work and customization that I would charge for my time.
PerseH said:

With Ning making the changes to the new Ning 3.0, we will be all forced to go with the Design Studio. I am fine with this but of course all of the CSS will be different quite soon even with the Design Studio we all know now.

I myself as a Creator am changing over to the Design studio now to limit any update issues Ning will be doing as they make their platform changes.

I am hoping to get some help here for my Main page when I make this change, hopefully I won't need a Designer to create my background for my Main page but I would love to hear from the Designers here if I can easily do this or if I will need help.

Thank you for any help and guidance, maybe we can all hold each others hands while we make this transition.

Persephone

I think I could grow to love it if they allow sites the option of member profile CSS. For those who are concerned that it ruins their mobile experience can opt to not allow CSS. Same as we have now.

PerseH said:

Okay I am on my Ning Sandbox and quite liking it. I did a theme with the Design Studio you guys have but have to wait to see what CSS changes Ning does when they have completed their changeover.

AnGella said:

PerseH said:

Persephone

Word on the Ning street is members will have design options for their pages. :-)

AnGella said:

I think I could grow to love it if they allow sites the option of member profile CSS. For those who are concerned that it ruins their mobile experience can opt to not allow CSS. Same as we have now.

PerseH said:

AnGella said:

PerseH said:

Persephone

This comes from the top.

PerseH said:
Word on the Ning street is members will have design options for their pages. :-)

AnGella said:

PerseH said:

AnGella said:

PerseH said:

Persephone

We shall see what the new Ning brings. I'm not sure how the design will change for members.

Okay well hell, I changed over to the Design Studio format to lessen any CSS issues and simplified the background to one of their templates (personalizing my home page of course) BUt upon inputting one of Skemaholics themes on my personal page I see it isn't working. So they Must be tweaking the CSS's already so yes I am NOT happy.
Here is a screen shot of what it does, it is off center *sigh*

No doubt at this point it just needs tweaking but I am frustrated somewhat, I had to take that off and use the simply upload in the Design Studio to "create" lol.

Try using the Newspress or Nerdcore theme. I know it works with those. All the themes have some different codes that I haven't adjusted mine to, but I have tried it with those two. If you do that and it still doesn't work then I will come by your site and do some tweaking.

PerseH said:

Okay well hell, I changed over to the Design Studio format to lessen any CSS issues and simplified the background to one of their templates (personalizing my home page of course) BUt upon inputting one of Skemaholics themes on my personal page I see it isn't working. So they Must be tweaking the CSS's already so yes I am NOT happy.

Yes that was DS and the new 3.0 will also be DS soooooooo we just have to adapt eh?

The only thing that is fact is that all will change to DS eventually even those that hold out till the end but that means up till that point we will need DS backgrounds (I guess tweaked *sigh*) for those that hold out and DS backgrounds for the new 3.0 which we are clueless on as of yet. I tell you that Main pages of the 3.0 will need you Creators.

Aww thanks Connie! Got all my breast pump parts clean, but have yet to try it out. lol

ḓø◎∂ℓℯ❞ʟƴᾔ ∂εṧḯℊηẕ said:

OMG I am sticking with AnGella!!!! She will figure it all out code's etc, everything. Hers my girl!!!! My only issues at the moment is should I continue to make layouts? Don't want to waste my time or have to go back and redo...
When Angela gets that free weekend when someone wants to baby sit and she starts popping bottles lol I will get more interested but until I can see what she is going to do then I can do nothing... lol But continue with our codes now. So heads up its gonna be fun as a matter of fact from what I know of Angela she biting at the bit to get a whole of new coding.... In my opinion she seems excited to get to code when she can, she be a code freak and I am so blessed to have someone to pop me out a ning fixer code in oh about 2 seconds!!! You go mum!!

Ah no problem I guess I will wait it out, as it is you are a wee bit busy lol. I remember those days!

AnGella said:

Try using the Newspress or Nerdcore theme. I know it works with those. All the themes have some different codes that I haven't adjusted mine to, but I have tried it with those two. If you do that and it still doesn't work then I will come by your site and do some tweaking.

PerseH said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

Translate!

Forum

Shiny Happy Random Thread 1595 Replies

Started by AnGella in Meeting Place. Last reply by James McDonald Jan 28.

RIP Skemanon 2009 - 2021 27 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Jun 3, 2023.

Apologies for Delayed Moderation 9 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by ღCustom Creationsღ Test Page Apr 21, 2021.

Skemanon 2020? 36 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Aug 10, 2020.

How to make puffy stickers in PSP 16 Replies

Started by QueenJackie in Tutorials ~ In General. Last reply by Connie (。♥‿♥。) Mar 14, 2020.

Generators!

Click the buttons below to make your own layouts!

SiteModel

Ning Generator

Skinny Ning

Biker Or Not

Test Your Ning Code Here!

Create!

Contribute to SA

Find this site helpful? Please consider a donation!

Random Ning Networks

© 2024   Created by AnGella.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service