Skemaholics Anonymous

Layouts 4 Ning and more!

Well friends, it looks like we will be coming to an end.

Back in December our CSS code was lost somehow by Ning. The PC that I had it stored on is no longer accessible and I simply do not have time to rebuild this site knowing that Ning can loose files at will and tell me it is on my end. That was Ning's final response regarding the loss of our site design. The issue was not on their end, it was on mine. Mind you I had not logged onto the site in weeks, possibly months before this occurred, but according to Ning it is on my end.

With this being their answer to me I can no longer put mine or my husband's finances into a company that does not take responsibility for their mistakes or back up files for a network that doesn't give the admin the tools to do that job themself. They informed me that to back up the content of this site it would have to be done manually. I do not have the time in my life to save every photo that has been uploaded or linked in this site much less all the posts and content.

If you have content on this site that you do not want to loose, it will be your responsibility to manually save that content. You will have at least 30 days to do so before I cancel the network.

Our original site will remain http://blog.skemaholicsanonymous.com/

If anyone has any questions or concerns I will do my best to help answer them. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes. I know at one point I had considered opening a new site on Ning 3.0 but following the way that this very serious issue was handled I do not see it as a good use of my time or talents. I am the mother of an autistic child and that is my main priority. My free time is precious to me and most times relies on other people in my home to look after my little man.

Thanks,

AnGella

Views: 571

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good luck Angela and thanks for everything

Long time no talk AnGella. Hope you and the family are well.

Don't blame you one bit for calling it a night. After all, you kept this going longer than the original skem9 was ever up.

God Bless you and yours, love ya my friend

to bad you couldnt open the site on spruz its way cheaper than ning and they use a css code for their network sites, but sad to see you close this one

Hallo Angella,

Sorry om dit te lezen. Maar ik heb nog een andere optie voor jou. Ik ben een vrijwilliger op een Nederlands sociaal netwerk, genaamd 'Vriendenplekl'. Deze website is gebaseerd op de WOWONDER-software voor sociaal netwerken.

De website staat CSS toe voor ledenprofielen en we zijn wanhopig op zoek naar mensen met geweldige CSS-vaardigheden om thema's aan onze leden aan te bieden.

Hoewel de website in het Nederlands is, heeft u toegang tot het Engels en andere talen.

Hoe zou u het vinden om thema's voor onze website te gaan maken?

wowonder is echt gaaf en we zouden je daar graag als thema-maker hebben, je kunt zelfs premiumthema's aanbieden op de interne markt of in groepen of pagina's op de website!

Vriendelijke groet,

Zohra

Ps: Je verdient € 0,10 voor elk lid dat je op de site aansluit via je persoonlijke affiliate-link die je kunt vinden in je instellingen!

BTW, we are desperately looking for a skilled coder who can create a visual WYSIWYG CSS theme-generator just like you guys had here for the NING-system

https://vriendenplek.nl/register?ref=Zohra-

Thank you.

Nieve said:

Good luck Angela and thanks for everything

Brandon P. said:

Long time no talk AnGella. Hope you and the family are well.

Don't blame you one bit for calling it a night. After all, you kept this going longer than the original skem9 was ever up.

Well hello there! Great to hear from you.  The family and I are great, we moved to South Carolina last year and are building a manufactured house.  I think we're practically neighbors.  I'm not giving up on the website altogether, just this Ning site. 

Theresa F Koch said:

God Bless you and yours, love ya my friend

Thank You.

Marie Bolt said:

WOW, I saw things going down... I use to be on the other one that your keeping..I tried to get on there but it would not take any of my emails... Hugs

Sorry to hear it wouldn't take your email. I can set you up an account if you would like.

snow wolf said:

to bad you couldnt open the site on spruz its way cheaper than ning and they use a css code for their network sites, but sad to see you close this one

Thanks for the suggestion, I am going to stick with my Wordpress platform but once I am able I might be willing to help with CSS for other sites. I am in the early stages of developing an entirely new site on Wordpress. Our old site will remain as an archive.

Zohra said:

Hallo Angella,

Sorry om dit te lezen. Maar ik heb nog een andere optie voor jou. Ik ben een vrijwilliger op een Nederlands sociaal netwerk, genaamd 'Vriendenplekl'. Deze website is gebaseerd op de WOWONDER-software voor sociaal netwerken.

De website staat CSS toe voor ledenprofielen en we zijn wanhopig op zoek naar mensen met geweldige CSS-vaardigheden om thema's aan onze leden aan te bieden.

Hoewel de website in het Nederlands is, heeft u toegang tot het Engels en andere talen.

Hoe zou u het vinden om thema's voor onze website te gaan maken?

wowonder is echt gaaf en we zouden je daar graag als thema-maker hebben, je kunt zelfs premiumthema's aanbieden op de interne markt of in groepen of pagina's op de website!

Vriendelijke groet,

Zohra

Ps: Je verdient € 0,10 voor elk lid dat je op de site aansluit via je persoonlijke affiliate-link die je kunt vinden in je instellingen!

BTW, we are desperately looking for a skilled coder who can create a visual WYSIWYG CSS theme-generator just like you guys had here for the NING-system

https://vriendenplek.nl/register?ref=Zohra-

I truly appreciate your invitation. As I touched on above to Snow Wolf, I am in the early stages of a new project on Wordpress.  Once I have that accomplished I may look into helping with other sites. 

I have very limited freetime anymore due to having a child who is autistic and needs constant supervision.  Coding and interruptions is challenging.  Aside from my son I have had personal issues with my vision and the loss of my PC that had all my codes images and photo programs.  I recently found a box with two desktops in it so I hope the files will be salvageable.

I will be in touch before this site closes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

Translate!

Forum

Shiny Happy Random Thread 1595 Replies

Started by AnGella in Meeting Place. Last reply by James McDonald Jan 28.

RIP Skemanon 2009 - 2021 27 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Jun 3, 2023.

Apologies for Delayed Moderation 9 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by ღCustom Creationsღ Test Page Apr 21, 2021.

Skemanon 2020? 36 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Aug 10, 2020.

How to make puffy stickers in PSP 16 Replies

Started by QueenJackie in Tutorials ~ In General. Last reply by Connie (。♥‿♥。) Mar 14, 2020.

Generators!

Click the buttons below to make your own layouts!

SiteModel

Ning Generator

Skinny Ning

Biker Or Not

Test Your Ning Code Here!

Create!

Contribute to SA

Find this site helpful? Please consider a donation!

Random Ning Networks

© 2024   Created by AnGella.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service