Skemaholics Anonymous

Layouts 4 Ning and more!

I'm fairly speechless and at the same time I have so much to say that I can't get it all out in one sitting...

http://creators.ning.com/forum/topics/announcing-ning-3

Feel free to share your thoughts or just plain vent.

Views: 1498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

$40/hr will be for custom site work. :)

PerseH said:

Ah okay $40. an hour, good to know so any CSS you have for the 3.0 will be $40 an hour? Any basic CSS we can buy?

Awesome, I have to consider using this option or joining the Ning help group for $20.
Looks like they are still working out migration bugs. :(. One person said only group forums transferred. I want to be absolutely sure we don't loose anything before we make the move. Any of our members made the move?

Skem Tester ≧❀‿❀≦ said:

After all said and done I am ready for the change. I think it will be fun now that I have experienced the move on other sites. However we can make it much more fun by keeping the larger header 970x500 and up. That itself is a pleaser to us who create.

Might look for a way to add banner separately. Are you having any code length issues?
It looks like people are migrating. I will see if I can find out how long it will take. Might not hurt to manually move some topics and delete others. Hopefully by May we can move.
Is there a space in the image link? Can you post the image link here for me?

Skem Tester ≧❀‿❀≦ said:
Not that I am aware of, code length? Do you mean character limits yes but I just over ride it and I suppose all is well? It post correctly. Today I can't get background to show here or there. I have never been able to get them to show in the activity on the other site but here its good. We have a banner background code don't we?

AnGella said:
Might look for a way to add banner separately. Are you having any code length issues?

Going to go look over there.

Looks like a bunch of stuff is being thrown in by ning and it is messing with the code. Will have to look into it.
I migrated then begged to have my 2.0 back. Everything transferred corrected other than my forum but they worked that out unfortunately NO notifications work at this time and I am not sure this is a top priority for them. My community thrives on receiving notifications such as comments on someones page or comments in a forum or comments in a group etc... They do not have this working at all, and it seems my Broadcast wasn't working either. So I have my 2.0 back but they locked me out of my 3.0 till he next phase so hopefully they will have that fixed. Oh and btw the way people are working on the V2 now and not the V1 or the updated design studio platforms. So any CSS for communities you guys make might not work.

AnGella said:
Looks like they are still working out migration bugs. :(. One person said only group forums transferred. I want to be absolutely sure we don't loose anything before we make the move. Any of our members made the move?

Skem Tester ≧❀‿❀≦ said:

After all said and done I am ready for the change. I think it will be fun now that I have experienced the move on other sites. However we can make it much more fun by keeping the larger header 970x500 and up. That itself is a pleaser to us who create.

Saying that the codes for personal pages are great and this may be a way to continue by giving people personal page designs to insert into the Profile Style box.

Thanks so much for the input. Terrifying. It really does make me want to wait until they have their stuff together before I make a move and then have to rebuild again and again. As much as I want to move and get on with 3.0 it sounds like it is still pretty unstable and changing more than I can keep up with.

PerseH said:
I migrated then begged to have my 2.0 back. Everything transferred corrected other than my forum but they worked that out unfortunately NO notifications work at this time and I am not sure this is a top priority for them. My community thrives on receiving notifications such as comments on someones page or comments in a forum or comments in a group etc... They do not have this working at all, and it seems my Broadcast wasn't working either. So I have my 2.0 back but they locked me out of my 3.0 till he next phase so hopefully they will have that fixed. Oh and btw the way people are working on the V2 now and not the V1 or the updated design studio platforms. So any CSS for communities you guys make might not work.

AnGella said:

Skem Tester ≧❀‿❀≦ said:

They specifically told me this is not on the platform as of yet but they were working on it yet it is not top priority. Here is what I was told:

27, 2014 at 9:06amReporter (Pagan UnderWorld)

I posted an article in a group to test whether notifications are occurring for the members of that group but unfortunately no notifications happened.
For members to be active they must know what is being posted even if someone is commenting on the comment wall.
I am also attaching a screen shot showing the group is open to the Public so there should be nothing holding back notifications.

Link to article posted:

http://paganunderworld.ning.com/groups/nature-and-its-magic/forum/u..

Mar 28, 2014 at 4:02pmResponse (Juliet Kellogg)Hi there,

Sometimes due to spam protection filters on many email services, messages from the network may get rerouted to spam, junk or trash folders. Can you please ask your members to add the following contacts to their email contacts:

mail@paganunderworld.ning.com
share@paganunderworld.ning.com
invitations@paganunderworld.ning.com
do-not-reply@paganunderworld.ning.com

Additionally, can your members ensure they are opted in to receiving notifications for their desired groups by going to the Group Options > Message Settings

As a note- There is not a way to keep up to date on any new blog post or discussion on a Network or group, and instead, one would need to choose individual posts to follow. If you are to comment on any forum or blog post, you will follow it by default; but otherwise, you will need to hit the "follow" link. We understand members would need to check on the Network regularly in order to know to "follow" new content and we are taking this suggestion into consideration as we continue to make improvements on Ning 3.0.
Skem Tester ≧❀‿❀≦ said:

I am on a foreign site that everything seems to work as far as communication to each other is great all the forums groups comments tutorials its all good just toady for the first time I can't get backgrounds to show and never has my activity background shown. I like creating here though this is my home~Without a generator its so hard not worth it most of the time. Spoiled:~}

PerseH said:

AnGella said:

Skem Tester ≧❀‿❀≦ said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

Translate!

Forum

Shiny Happy Random Thread 1595 Replies

Started by AnGella in Meeting Place. Last reply by James McDonald Jan 28.

RIP Skemanon 2009 - 2021 27 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Jun 3, 2023.

Apologies for Delayed Moderation 9 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by ღCustom Creationsღ Test Page Apr 21, 2021.

Skemanon 2020? 36 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Aug 10, 2020.

How to make puffy stickers in PSP 16 Replies

Started by QueenJackie in Tutorials ~ In General. Last reply by Connie (。♥‿♥。) Mar 14, 2020.

Generators!

Click the buttons below to make your own layouts!

SiteModel

Ning Generator

Skinny Ning

Biker Or Not

Test Your Ning Code Here!

Create!

Contribute to SA

Find this site helpful? Please consider a donation!

Random Ning Networks

© 2024   Created by AnGella.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service