Skemaholics Anonymous

Layouts 4 Ning and more!

I would love input from the users about the two.

Do you want one code to rule them all?

There is a way I can do it, it just involves change.

Also, been thinking of switching to the new design studio so please tell me all about your experiences with it and if you prefer one or the other.

Views: 860

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

♥Kathy♥ said:

Yes, I have read this before.

And I just loved the new Generator, I just used.

Didn't fine it difficult at all. I found it quick for me anyway?...

So you tried the new skinny?

It's not so bad. lol You can try the site model one if ya want, I added a Top banner to it.(Just for you! :)) A few extra !important tags show up and the borders around the module are set differently.

Barbara Mc said:

Because I love you I will give it a try tonight, geesh just got the other coding where I feel comfortable with it:}

AnGella said:

OK... Here's the scoop.
New Generators are built to theme your Design Studio or Classic Ning page!

lol, I will try them all, what we do for love:}

AnGella said:

It's not so bad. lol You can try the site model one if ya want, I added a Top banner to it.(Just for you! :)) A few extra !important tags show up and the borders around the module are set differently.

Barbara Mc said:

Because I love you I will give it a try tonight, geesh just got the other coding where I feel comfortable with it:}

AnGella said:

OK... Here's the scoop.

I tried the generator last night....duh for the skinny ning. But unfortunately, was evidently severely sleep deprived because dummy used the ning generator instead of the skinny ning and had no idea til I finished and previewed. How could I be so dense? Blonde streak gets bigger and bigger. Will give it another try tonight.

Barbara Mc said:

lol, I will try them all, what we do for love:}

AnGella said:

Barbara Mc said:

AnGella said:

OK... Here's the scoop.

Kathy, my layout is for the top nav bar, but if you will look at my tester page, you will see the red text in the nav bar, that is what this coding controls....so should be the same on the below the banner nav bar....I think, don't believe anything I say, but hope this helps....this is my tester:http://skemanon.com/profile/BarbaraMcsPlayinghttp://

♥Kathy♥ said:

Okay I’m confused?..

And that doesn't take much for me to do in the new skinny ning Generator

I cant work out what this is for

#xg_navigation li.this {
border-top:url(-) !important;
}
#xg_navigation li {
border-right:url(-) !important;
border-top: url(-) !important;
}
#xg_navigation ul li a {
background-color: transparent !important;
}

Also my navigation bar doesn't seem quite right

♥Kathy♥ said:

Okay I’m confused?..

And that doesn't take much for me to do in the new skinny ning Generator

I cant work out what this is for

#xg_navigation li.this {
border-top:url(-) !important;
}
#xg_navigation li {
border-right:url(-) !important;
border-top: url(-) !important;
}
#xg_navigation ul li a {
background-color: transparent !important;
}

Also my navigation bar doesn't seem quite right

That is code to cancel out stuff in the new design studio.

Why does that have url(-) in there?

As long as you have some code telling it to do something, I know you like your borders, it will work. :)

OK Ange, here is first try w/new generator. Went pretty smooth, no problems except operator errors:} Still gonna do some tweaks, but here is what I got from generator,http://skemanon.com/profile/BarbaraMcsPlaying

Barbara Mc is Playing! said:

OK Ange, here is first try w/new generator. Went pretty smooth, no problems except operator errors:} Still gonna do some tweaks, but here is what I got from generator,http://skemanon.com/profile/BarbaraMcsPlaying

Thanks dearie!

The New Ning Studio Design Is Horrid............! For designers who use banners on their themes the CSS code from Studio Design automatically removes your banners plus although you place your CSS code in Advance you still have alter their layout to set up colors and text............

I for one hate it because it is like creating two themes.................

D@Vill@iN-LORD OF DARKNESS said:

The New Ning Studio Design Is Horrid............! For designers who use banners on their themes the CSS code from Studio Design automatically removes your banners plus although you place your CSS code in Advance you still have alter their layout to set up colors and text............

I for one hate it because it is like creating two themes.................

Thanks so much for your input here! I noticed this and the way I went about coding for it was to make some CSS to override the theme I choose, Newspress was the first on in the list. So I added instructions to use the code with the Newspress theme. If you want to try our generators with that theme set let me know how it turns out please!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

Translate!

Forum

Shiny Happy Random Thread 1595 Replies

Started by AnGella in Meeting Place. Last reply by James McDonald Jan 28.

RIP Skemanon 2009 - 2021 27 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Jun 3, 2023.

Apologies for Delayed Moderation 9 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by ღCustom Creationsღ Test Page Apr 21, 2021.

Skemanon 2020? 36 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Aug 10, 2020.

How to make puffy stickers in PSP 16 Replies

Started by QueenJackie in Tutorials ~ In General. Last reply by Connie (。♥‿♥。) Mar 14, 2020.

Generators!

Click the buttons below to make your own layouts!

SiteModel

Ning Generator

Skinny Ning

Biker Or Not

Test Your Ning Code Here!

Create!

Contribute to SA

Find this site helpful? Please consider a donation!

Random Ning Networks

© 2024   Created by AnGella.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service