Skemaholics Anonymous

Layouts 4 Ning and more!

For those times when Skem9 goes down and we need a back-up plan....

Views: 6624

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AnGella said:

Did you know that on Ning there is no control over top friends?
$25-$50/per month and no top friends control.
Insanity.

Brandon P. said:

I'm working on the "friend list" portion of my little community project. This is bananas.

Add friend:
-check if user is blocked
--true
---redirect back to account page
--false
---insert requestee ID into user_id field
---insert requester ID into friend_id field
---set relationship_status to "0" (pending, until requestee approves it, and sets it to "1")

Block User:
-Check if user is already blocked
--true
---No need to do anything, show success message.
--false
---update where user_id OR friend_id = current_user_id status = NULL relationship = 0 (blocked)

I probably should have diagram'd that out on my whiteboard, but that would require getting out of my chair.

That is bananas. The way I have it set up for my thing, is there's a field called "position", which is a number. , which defaults to 0. But, if the user so chooses, they'll be able to go a page and drag/drop different friends into different slots. Upon submission, the database just updates each row to have the friends position. Then on the profile, the query that picks out the friends for each user, sorts it (ascending order) by the position field.

If they're all 0, I can just do an array_shuffle() on the array of friends before I start the foreach loop, and it'll display them randomly.

Brandon P. said:

Chemistry teacher. That's the show. I haven't actually watched the show on AMC. I tried watching The Walking Dead, but I just couldn't get into it. Gus is the boss.

Daaaaamn!

The Walking Dead was a bit slow first couple episodes.

Brandon P. said:

That is bananas. The way I have it set up for my thing, is there's a field called "position", which is a number. , which defaults to 0. But, if the user so chooses, they'll be able to go a page and drag/drop different friends into different slots. Upon submission, the database just updates each row to have the friends position. Then on the profile, the query that picks out the friends for each user, sorts it (ascending order) by the position field.

If they're all 0, I can just do an array_shuffle() on the array of friends before I start the foreach loop, and it'll display them randomly.

You make it sound so easy. ;P

If I could just cut out food shopping I could save soooo much money!

I should learn to can food.

Did you know that when you cover cheese with wax it can last up to 25yrs?

Anyway, I think saving food instead of saving money is a good idea.

I just need to cut out shopping for certain kinds of food to reduce my body mass, lol. But I know what you mean. Fruits and veggies are so expensive and meat is darn near out of reach at our house. Doesn't bother me a lot because I could learn to be a vegetarian easily, but my husband is a meat eater. Ref to cheese, love it. I recently read an article about how addictive cheese is. It was portrayed like crack or cocaine. How hard it is to break the habit.....Now I love cheese and since I have decided I do not have to diet and watch every bite I eat (Old age has it's advantages....I no longer care that skinny jeans are hot) I eat a lot of cheese....but it is choice and not addiction. Some people need to get a different type of life:}

lol! I didn't know it was an addiction... That would explain why Gabe eats so much of it. It's more expensive than meat, but Gabe won't always eat the meat we are having and opts for Cheese or Peanut Butter. I think they are now both more expensive than meat. And we live in Wisconsin...

Too funny. I'm with Gabe. Rather have cheese most days....maybe it is addictive?

Hehehe! But oh so good! :)

http://d0p.us/mirrors/community

Either of you wanna make dummy accounts, so I can work out bugs on the buddy-thing? That's one of those things that really takes a bit of use to see what's going to pop out of the woodwork.

In the meantime, I'm gonna start on the private messages. Should be a simple CRUD, with a bit of authentication.

Yah!!!! I'll try:}

Brandon P. said:

http://d0p.us/mirrors/community

Either of you wanna make dummy accounts, so I can work out bugs on the buddy-thing? That's one of those things that really takes a bit of use to see what's going to pop out of the woodwork.

It let me set up an account and go to profile page, but when I clicked back to the home page it went to the "WayBackMachine" Internet Archive across the top and will not let me sign in....can put in my email and password but won't let me go any farther.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

Translate!

Forum

Shiny Happy Random Thread 1595 Replies

Started by AnGella in Meeting Place. Last reply by James McDonald Jan 28.

RIP Skemanon 2009 - 2021 27 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Jun 3, 2023.

Apologies for Delayed Moderation 9 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by ღCustom Creationsღ Test Page Apr 21, 2021.

Skemanon 2020? 36 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Aug 10, 2020.

How to make puffy stickers in PSP 16 Replies

Started by QueenJackie in Tutorials ~ In General. Last reply by Connie (。♥‿♥。) Mar 14, 2020.

Generators!

Click the buttons below to make your own layouts!

SiteModel

Ning Generator

Skinny Ning

Biker Or Not

Test Your Ning Code Here!

Create!

Contribute to SA

Find this site helpful? Please consider a donation!

Random Ning Networks

© 2024   Created by AnGella.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service