Skemaholics Anonymous

Layouts 4 Ning and more!

For those times when Skem9 goes down and we need a back-up plan....

Views: 6660

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, I haven't tried a restore point or re-format. Heaven forbid is right! lol If Scott gets another out of town gig he might be able to buy me a new one. So let's hope another RAD Saftey class comes up soon! lol

B... Community is gone. Did it not go over well with John?

I'd try taking it back to a previous restore point....you won't loose your images/documents etc...I think you will just have to go back after the restore and check and redo your updates, you'll loose them. What can it hurt? Certainly a good start point before you do something radical.

I have been working for the last 3 so I've been too tired to play much, but it just let me sign in and go to my profile page. B-Zuck will get it there!

I haven't talked to John. I just spoke with Deb on Saturday, I think. She said she forwarded what I said to John, and called him, but I haven't heard from him, so it hasn't really gone over at all.

As far as it being down, d0p.us seems to be up one minute, and down the next. I don't really have an explanation for that, except that it's to be expected when you host your site on a server that one dude runs out of his apartment (I mean this literally).

I lost a few days of work on the project, because I was lazy and didn't push to the git repo before I started changing several computers' data around, but I'm back at it this morning, rewriting what I wrote over the weekend.

Considering your troubles with the ning site, if it doesn't pan out with John and me, I'll spend 20 grueling minutes in Photoshop and work out a new design so I'm not completely ripping everything off, and set up another site... Skem10.com? I'm open to suggestions.

There's a bug in the Zune HD that makes podcasts overwrite music, seemingly at random, at an exponential rate. Of course, I wouldn't know about this until it actually happened to me, but apparently the only way to stop it is to reset the device completely.

I don't listen to a lot of music on the Zune, but I keep it there, anyway, just so it isn't taking up space on my computer. So, for once, I decide to listen to some tunes, but instead I hear episodes of Bubba The Love Sponge and Exotic Liability from like October of last year. So, now I'm sorting through 16gb of music, trying to find what's been ruined, and what wasn't.

lol, I clicked Angela's previous comment from my email so I hadn't seen this one when I posted the above...just name the new site B-Zuck.com.....in anticipation of being the next Zuckenberg:} I have faith in you, you'll get there!

Brandon P. said:

I haven't talked to John. I just spoke with Deb on Saturday, I think. She said she forwarded what I said to John, and called him, but I haven't heard from him, so it hasn't really gone over at all.

As far as it being down, d0p.us seems to be up one minute, and down the next. I don't really have an explanation for that, except that it's to be expected when you host your site on a server that one dude runs out of his apartment (I mean this literally).

I lost a few days of work on the project, because I was lazy and didn't push to the git repo before I started changing several computers' data around, but I'm back at it this morning, rewriting what I wrote over the weekend.

Considering your troubles with the ning site, if it doesn't pan out with John and me, I'll spend 20 grueling minutes in Photoshop and work out a new design so I'm not completely ripping everything off, and set up another site... Skem10.com? I'm open to suggestions.

Absolutely. I already dyed my hair blonde and started wearing sweaters.

Awww, I know you make a cute bleached blonde bimbo, but the sweaters might be a little much? lol, All joking aside, I know one day I'll be able to say, "I knew him when....." :}

Brandon P. said:

Absolutely. I already dyed my hair blonde and started wearing sweaters.

"I knew him before he came to work with an AK-47"

http://imgur.com/a/uf3Fh - Progress that I'm too lazy to upload onto d0p.us because it requires merging a mysql database and overwriting models, views, and controllers, but not overwriting configs, and I don't even have the password to FTP in at the moment, at least without walking across the room.

One day I'm going to write a shell script to copy the newest version of a site from a git repo onto the server. One day.

As Angela says, you make it sound so easy. I'm not evens gonna pretend I understand any of it, but proud that you do. It looks great (ref to imgur link)! AK-47s are so messy....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

Translate!

Forum

Untitled

Started by Zohra in Meeting Place on Thursday.

Shiny Happy Random Thread 1600 Replies

Started by AnGella in Meeting Place. Last reply by Ꮙℓἇ∂ἇ..aka Reɪvən ღ Sep 4.

RIP Skemanon 2009 - 2021 27 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Jun 3, 2023.

Apologies for Delayed Moderation 9 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by ღCustom Creationsღ Test Page Apr 21, 2021.

Skemanon 2020? 36 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Aug 10, 2020.

Generators!

Click the buttons below to make your own layouts!

SiteModel

Ning Generator

Skinny Ning

Biker Or Not

Test Your Ning Code Here!

Create!

Contribute to SA

Find this site helpful? Please consider a donation!

Random Ning Networks

© 2024   Created by AnGella.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service