Skemaholics Anonymous

Layouts 4 Ning and more!

For those times when Skem9 goes down and we need a back-up plan....

Views: 6621

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AnGella said:

Working well in IE & FF &Chrome!

Now I am going to try and add javascript tabs for the different areas. :)

http://jqueryui.com/demos/tabs/

I am so excited! :) Thanks, I'll try this one since I didn't start my other one.

A bunch of my adblock rules got reset. What is this nonsense.

Hey Barbara, you're a 911 dispatcher, right? If I remember correctly, anyway. Does that mean you hear the 911 calls, in some form or another?

Look at the ads. How can you resist?

I wouldn't mind the ads if data collection wasn't such an issue. I also don't like animated ads, or anything that makes sound without my consent. I also use AdBlock to get rid of elements of pages that I don't use.

http://i.imgur.com/adYZw.png

That means I hear all the 911 calls for police, fire and rescue and admin calls too. Two of us per 12 hr shift so I catch at least 50% or more of them. Not only hear them, proqa them and dispatch them. Hurry up and become B Zuck so you can hire me for a less stressful job:} I'll relocate particularly in your direction....too cold in the other direction:}

Brandon P. said:

A bunch of my adblock rules got reset. What is this nonsense.

Hey Barbara, you're a 911 dispatcher, right? If I remember correctly, anyway. Does that mean you hear the 911 calls, in some form or another?

How often are the calls hilarious?

A radio show I listen to played an 8 minute 911 call with this lady whose house had caught fire, because she claimed to have been making nail polish using a lighter, and she also happened to be in an enclosed area with her bed-ridden oxygen-huffing grandmother, so this was all a recipe for disaster, and it all blew up. Two babies were stuck inside, in their cribs, and the grandmother was bed-ridden, so the lady and her "nail polish" was the only one that got out, and called 911.

That's the sad part. The hilarious part was she was completely clueless, and completely unconcerned with the fact that her family was burning alive. She didn't know her own address, phone number, nearby streets/businesses, or anything, I think at one point she even asked what power company she used, still didn't know. The poor 911 op seemed like she was a few questions away from just telling the lady that they couldn't help. It really wouldn't surprise me if the responders would need to look for where the smoke was coming from.

A few minutes in, you hear a big boom in the background, and the lady yells "OH MY GOD MY GUINEA PIGS IS DEAD", all while her babies were probably crispy. Is it common for people to be completely oblivious of their surroundings, to the point that in an emergency situation, they can't direct anyone to their location?

Sorry for the impromptu interview, but I'm fascinated with any 911 calls I hear. The aforementioned radio show plays them pretty frequently, and the people, even considering the stressful situation, just seem incapable of providing basic information 3/5 times.

Barbara Mc said:

I'll relocate particularly in your direction....too cold in the other direction:}

That's unfortunate, since I'll be relocating to a much cooler climate than this one.

B, that is exactly the way it is. You would be surprised at how accurate your writings above are. Someone lived somewhere for years and can't tell you where they are. Dunn (where I work) has a population of just over 10,000, small town. I95 runs right through our city limits. We dispatch police for the city limits only and fire/rescue for the city limits and surrounding district in our county. We are in Harnett Cty, but Dunn addresses are also in Cumberland, Johnston and Sampson Cty. Such a nightmare. You would think people could at least know which county they live in. And OMG, travelers on I95, awful. Have no idea where they are and a lot of times don't evens know what direction they are traveling in....big choice...north or south. My job has definitely made me watch the mile markers more. I have spent the last 30 minutes looking for a recording of a rescue call I did with a hypochondriac...hilarious. But my brain must be tired, I can't put my hands on it....may be on my old computer or laptop. Would have sworn I also saved it on a dvd. Found a neat chase from a jewelry store robbery we interrupted, but not the funny call. If this tells you anything, I'm a rocket scientist compared to a lot of our callers. Very young children and the elderly are the best to work with. They accept what you say and cooperate fully with you. .a

Brandon P. said:

How often are the calls hilarious?

A radio show I listen to played an 8 minute 911 call with this lady whose house had caught fire, because she claimed to have been making nail polish using a lighter, and she also happened to be in an enclosed area with her bed-ridden oxygen-huffing grandmother, so this was all a recipe for disaster, and it all blew up. Two babies were stuck inside, in their cribs, and the grandmother was bed-ridden, so the lady and her "nail polish" was the only one that got out, and called 911.

That's the sad part. The hilarious part was she was completely clueless, and completely unconcerned with the fact that her family was burning alive. She didn't know her own address, phone number, nearby streets/businesses, or anything, I think at one point she even asked what power company she used, still didn't know. The poor 911 op seemed like she was a few questions away from just telling the lady that they couldn't help. It really wouldn't surprise me if the responders would need to look for where the smoke was coming from.

A few minutes in, you hear a big boom in the background, and the lady yells "OH MY GOD MY GUINEA PIGS IS DEAD", all while her babies were probably crispy. Is it common for people to be completely oblivious of their surroundings, to the point that in an emergency situation, they can't direct anyone to their location?

Sorry for the impromptu interview, but I'm fascinated with any 911 calls I hear. The aforementioned radio show plays them pretty frequently, and the people, even considering the stressful situation, just seem incapable of providing basic information 3/5 times.

Well when you become B Zuck, you can pay me enough to make me learn to love the cold, snow and ice:}

Brandon P. said:

Barbara Mc said:

I'll relocate particularly in your direction....too cold in the other direction:}

That's unfortunate, since I'll be relocating to a much cooler climate than this one.

That's turrible.

We had a fire at my place about a year ago, and I became aware real quick that this 911 operator was the gateway to getting someone there fast enough before half of my home was char, so I made such an effort to enunciate every syllable of every word of how to get from the fire department to my place. It just made sense to me that I needed to calm down and communicate where I am and how to get there.

I can understand not knowing your address if you just moved in, or not knowing what you're near if you're from another area, but I can't comprehend walking around and not picking up on information like that. It seems like the kind of knowledge you would gain just by being alive and having more than two of your five senses.

Absolutely. I commend you. Do your local agencies use proqa or do like they ought to, verify address and phone number, caller name, are there lives endangered? Are there any gas tanks close to the dwelling? Are there any vehicles or other structures endangered? Should be able to get that info in 90 seconds or less....DISPATCH and get those trucks a rolling and call for mutual aid. Now with proqa we have to ask 50 questions (have to because we are GRADED on every word...has to be verbatim) and a good deal of them are entirely useless and do not apply to call in any sense. The same with police and rescue. I'm hoping the link that I am going to post here, will make everyone out there....you the citizens....demand agencies get back to the basics. The dispatcher in this call was using proqa.....those two babies died. They probably could not have been saved, but who knows? This dispatcher did not follow protocol entirely, argumentative and dumb as a rock. Bet he doesn't have a job today, and it could happen to any of us.... http://www.abc4.com/content/news/state/story/911-tape-released-of-s...

Brandon P. said:

That's turrible.

We had a fire at my place about a year ago, and I became aware real quick that this 911 operator was the gateway to getting someone there fast enough before half of my home was char, so I made such an effort to enunciate every syllable of every word of how to get from the fire department to my place. It just made sense to me that I needed to calm down and communicate where I am and how to get there.

I can understand not knowing your address if you just moved in, or not knowing what you're near if you're from another area, but I can't comprehend walking around and not picking up on information like that. It seems like the kind of knowledge you would gain just by being alive and having more than two of your five senses.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

Translate!

Forum

Shiny Happy Random Thread 1595 Replies

Started by AnGella in Meeting Place. Last reply by James McDonald Jan 28.

RIP Skemanon 2009 - 2021 27 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Jun 3, 2023.

Apologies for Delayed Moderation 9 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by ღCustom Creationsღ Test Page Apr 21, 2021.

Skemanon 2020? 36 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Aug 10, 2020.

How to make puffy stickers in PSP 16 Replies

Started by QueenJackie in Tutorials ~ In General. Last reply by Connie (。♥‿♥。) Mar 14, 2020.

Generators!

Click the buttons below to make your own layouts!

SiteModel

Ning Generator

Skinny Ning

Biker Or Not

Test Your Ning Code Here!

Create!

Contribute to SA

Find this site helpful? Please consider a donation!

Random Ning Networks

© 2024   Created by AnGella.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service