Skemaholics Anonymous

Layouts 4 Ning and more!

For those times when Skem9 goes down and we need a back-up plan....

Views: 6618

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All CSS updated as far as I can tell. :)

Duh ref to the scroll, yes, have no major beefs with new theme design then....am gonna have to play with the nav bar, still not liking the way it looks, but will get there - can live with it. Ref to the site design....double duh. Yes, I love it. Didn't really go anywhere on the site to see the change until I got up today and signed on. Was on my tester profile and just clicked straight to the forums from my email so had not noticed the cutie pie had been added (B gags again). Much neater, cleaner and simpler....I like it. Plus he looks so much friendlier:}

AnGella said:

The design I meant was the whole site design. ;)

I stopped asking why Ning does things. lol

To fix your banner change your background attachment from fixed to scroll. :)

Hehehe, well I am glad you approve. He looks a lot more like the one I have by my monitor.
Don't cry, the pic was taken when Skem was up. :'(

I like that lighting. Looks bright enough to see the keyboard, but dark enough to not be bothersome.

Not crying, but one more time (my mantra to Michelle) , Damn John. Bless her heart. She has heard that a thousand times in the last four years.

AnGella said:

Hehehe, well I am glad you approve. He looks a lot more like the one I have by my monitor.
Don't cry, the pic was taken when Skem was up. :'(

Brandon P. said:

I like that lighting. Looks bright enough to see the keyboard, but dark enough to not be bothersome.

Thanks, I can't stand bright lights, lava lamps rock.

Ok B... One of the sites I run for an estate sale business uses this Inage Gallery, which adds a watermark to your image in a select area. Allows you to choose font, transparency and color. This is a way to extend it to resize and crop. This extension just crops an image. I may be able to manipulate this some how.

♥Kathy♥ said:

WOW that looks good

My Alien?

AnGella said:

Ok B... One of the sites I run for an estate sale business uses this Inage Gallery, which adds a watermark to your image in a select area. Allows you to choose font, transparency and color. This is a way to extend it to resize and crop. This extension just crops an image. I may be able to manipulate this some how.

Yeah, I should probably just excuse myself from this one, since it's primarily front-end stuff, and I just have no interest in it, so I probably wouldn't produce anything quality.

Brandon P. said:

AnGella said:

Yeah, I should probably just excuse myself from this one, since it's primarily front-end stuff, and I just have no interest in it, so I probably wouldn't produce anything quality.

I tinkered with it and although it does resize and offer a crop for the image I am just not sure that it would be any easier than using photobucket. I'm not sure what the draw is to a generator either so am not going to stress over it. I accomplished my re-design and I am content to let it all run wild now.

Scott is working in Springfield, MO this week just an hour from his parents. I think we are going to go hang out down there for a couple days since his work pays his way. :)

Yeah, it really seems like overkill to me. I mean, you can crop an image on imgur in about 20 seconds, does it really matter if it's specifically labeled "Facebook Cover generator"?

It just doesn't seem like the juice is worth the squeeze.

When I saw that about a FB generator, I scratched my head...couldn't see the need for one. The simplest thing I have ever worked with. You just need your image 850x315, I would think that anyone that had enough interest to make a cover to start with would have the software to resize the image. Then I figured maybe they wanted borders and text added. Well maybe borders on a generator would work but as far as the text for a cover in a generator, it would have to be standard as far as positioning (location on the cover) for every cover and who would want that? Then you would have to have the capability of making your image around the text, so, duh. If you have the knowledge to do that, you'd want to do your own text anyway. I just couldn't see the need for a generator. But I figured, "What did I know?"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

Translate!

Forum

Shiny Happy Random Thread 1595 Replies

Started by AnGella in Meeting Place. Last reply by James McDonald Jan 28.

RIP Skemanon 2009 - 2021 27 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Jun 3, 2023.

Apologies for Delayed Moderation 9 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by ღCustom Creationsღ Test Page Apr 21, 2021.

Skemanon 2020? 36 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Aug 10, 2020.

How to make puffy stickers in PSP 16 Replies

Started by QueenJackie in Tutorials ~ In General. Last reply by Connie (。♥‿♥。) Mar 14, 2020.

Generators!

Click the buttons below to make your own layouts!

SiteModel

Ning Generator

Skinny Ning

Biker Or Not

Test Your Ning Code Here!

Create!

Contribute to SA

Find this site helpful? Please consider a donation!

Random Ning Networks

Birthdays

© 2024   Created by AnGella.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service