Skemaholics Anonymous

Layouts 4 Ning and more!

For those times when Skem9 goes down and we need a back-up plan....

Views: 6618

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I pretty much agree. Even if you don't have the software, there's an abundance of quality image editors online with capabilities ranging from simple things like cropping and resizing, all the way to near-replicas of Adobe Photoshop.

If I were going to write something to do basic image modification tasks, I wouldn't down-play it as merely a Facebook cover generator.

I don't go on Facebook, so I thought perhaps I was missing something as to how it all works and why it needed a tool to make it easier, but I don't think I am at this juncture.

I just had a quarter gallon of chocolate milk... I feel like I'm on a boat.

When I lived near a CVS, I used to go every once in a while and get a half-gallon of chocolate milk that my brother and I would split. One time he had a cold, but I forgot, and went and got a half gallon of chocolate milk. On my way back home, I remembered he had a cold, so he couldn't drink the milk*. I didn't want him to see me drinking it when he couldn't have any, so I sneaked it upstairs and drank a half gallon of chocolate milk in the span of about ten minutes so it wouldn't spoil. That was a turrible feeling.

*Dairy products don't actually increase mucous, or the thickness of it, but it is myth that's pretty commonly believed. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2154152

Is there a Firefox addon that will just strip down the content of web pages? I'm on the verge of using Lynx. I'm about tired of "designs".

I'm gonna Richard-Stallman it and use wget for everything.

You haven't missed anything. This is my latest; I made a template for a friend, just told her to use it as the top layer and delete it before she saves her image. It is the correct size and I don't want the profile pic to cover up any of my image so I just have it blacked out so I know not to put anything in that area....I outlined it in red to show here on this black background, but it's as simple as that. You make your cover and save it to a FB album or upload it from your desktop or wherever. A lot of people are just using photos from their FB albums and FB resizes them to cover size and gives you the option to move them around for the view you want before you save it.

Brandon P. said:

I pretty much agree. Even if you don't have the software, there's an abundance of quality image editors online with capabilities ranging from simple things like cropping and resizing, all the way to near-replicas of Adobe Photoshop.

If I were going to write something to do basic image modification tasks, I wouldn't down-play it as merely a Facebook cover generator.

I don't go on Facebook, so I thought perhaps I was missing something as to how it all works and why it needed a tool to make it easier, but I don't think I am at this juncture.

lol, The only time we "withhold" milk is if there is a high temperature involved, never heard the mucous part. Wow, I know your eyeballs were floating:} What we do for love! How is your little brother doing? Not so little anymore I'm sure.

Brandon P. said:

I just had a quarter gallon of chocolate milk... I feel like I'm on a boat.

When I lived near a CVS, I used to go every once in a while and get a half-gallon of chocolate milk that my brother and I would split. One time he had a cold, but I forgot, and went and got a half gallon of chocolate milk. On my way back home, I remembered he had a cold, so he couldn't drink the milk*. I didn't want him to see me drinking it when he couldn't have any, so I sneaked it upstairs and drank a half gallon of chocolate milk in the span of about ten minutes so it wouldn't spoil. That was a turrible feeling.

*Dairy products don't actually increase mucous, or the thickness of it, but it is myth that's pretty commonly believed. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2154152

I'm going to let you keep talking to yourself and answer your own question because it is so far above my head I can't evens see it:}

Brandon P. said:

Is there a Firefox addon that will just strip down the content of web pages? I'm on the verge of using Lynx. I'm about tired of "designs".

I'm gonna Richard-Stallman it and use wget for everything.

Barbara Mc said:

lol, The only time we "withhold" milk is if there is a high temperature involved, never heard the mucous part. Wow, I know your eyeballs were floating:} What we do for love! How is your little brother doing? Not so little anymore I'm sure.

He's doing alright, I guess. Not so little now, he started collecting social security a few weeks ago.

I should get out more, lol, this struck my funny bone and I was trying to describe it to my husband (sitting across the room) and got so tickled I couldn't talk. This is just about right, still funny to me:} You know I snagged this from Moppy!

Hahaha Cone of Shame!
I agree with you both on the cover gen. :)

This may seem like a silly question, why does your little bro collect SSI?

Ummmm Ange, do you remember B telling me the lizards had been on the profile pics the whole time? Thinking about the same with his brother and SS:}

AnGella said:

Hahaha Cone of Shame!

OK B, I know you hate animation and you know I am a sucker for it....this is a jpg image....awesome optical illusion? What makes it tick?

Ohhh, ok I get it now. B using sarcasm?

Barbara Mc said:

Ummmm Ange, do you remember B telling me the lizards had been on the profile pics the whole time? Thinking about the same with his brother and SS:}

AnGella said:

Hahaha Cone of Shame!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

Translate!

Forum

Shiny Happy Random Thread 1595 Replies

Started by AnGella in Meeting Place. Last reply by James McDonald Jan 28.

RIP Skemanon 2009 - 2021 27 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Jun 3, 2023.

Apologies for Delayed Moderation 9 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by ღCustom Creationsღ Test Page Apr 21, 2021.

Skemanon 2020? 36 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Aug 10, 2020.

How to make puffy stickers in PSP 16 Replies

Started by QueenJackie in Tutorials ~ In General. Last reply by Connie (。♥‿♥。) Mar 14, 2020.

Generators!

Click the buttons below to make your own layouts!

SiteModel

Ning Generator

Skinny Ning

Biker Or Not

Test Your Ning Code Here!

Create!

Contribute to SA

Find this site helpful? Please consider a donation!

Random Ning Networks

Birthdays

© 2024   Created by AnGella.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service