Skemaholics Anonymous

Layouts 4 Ning and more!

I'm fairly speechless and at the same time I have so much to say that I can't get it all out in one sitting...

http://creators.ning.com/forum/topics/announcing-ning-3

Feel free to share your thoughts or just plain vent.

Views: 1498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gotcha, you are meaning for the NC's and not members. I'm pretty sure members get cover images. Are you meaning top banners for their main site with matching background?

PerseH said:

I'm guessing I am not being clear here which wouldn't surprise me. Switch everything over to Wordpress that solves the paying Ning. Have screen shots of backgrounds for Creator's to choose from but they must use a PayPal to receive the code. This way you get paid for all the work.

Here is the bummer for members:
http://www.ning.com/ning3help/introduction-to-the-profile-page/

ḓø◎∂ℓℯ❞ʟƴᾔ ∂εṧḯℊηẕ said:

NING 3.0 DESIGN YOUR SITE > LOOKS LIKE ITS ALL DS> BUT ANGELLA CAN OVER RIDE THAT BUT IS SHE IS THE QUESTION NOW? 

http://www.ning.com/ning3help/the-design-of-your-site/

Yes for Creators who will be lost, so possibly standard backgrounds they can choose from still for a price, then for more creative backgrounds you up the price. I don't see you doing banners too much work, why not keep it simple as it is they will have their network name available through Ning.

This lifts the burden off your shoulders because most will use a standard background (simple, clean) this way even businesses will use them but for others whom like a more personal look you can create genres and have many to choose from. My personal feeling is I wouldn't overly work on the genres because of your time but have enough to make everyone happy.

Your price point is the key though, so keeping it low enough for someone to pay would be preferable. I know I have been to a few sites where the price is too high and I just bolt.

People are complaining about the lack of templates for their main page as it is this is where you can shine. Fill the void.

PerseH said:

Yes for Creators who will be lost, so possibly standard backgrounds they can choose from still for a price, then for more creative backgrounds you up the price. I don't see you doing banners too much work, why not keep it simple as it is they will have their network name available through Ning.

This lifts the burden off your shoulders because most will use a standard background (simple, clean) this way even businesses will use them but for others whom like a more personal look you can create genres and have many to choose from. My personal feeling is I wouldn't overly work on the genres because of your time but have enough to make everyone happy.

Your price point is the key though, so keeping it low enough for someone to pay you would be preferable. I know I have been to a few sites where the price is too high and I just bolt.

Maybe I could do a banner sale to raise some money to pay for the last year of happy theming. lol

PerseH said:

Your price point is the key though, so keeping it low enough for someone to pay you would be preferable. I know I have been to a few sites where the price is too high and I just bolt.

I think you must for your sanity get away from the members pages and veer towards another way. Ning has successfully put a kabash on members pages.

LoL well maybe. I also think it worth your while to download the Member CSV to actually see whom visits and when they last logged in as this might show who is actually using the backgrounds. People are fickle. *sigh*

AnGella said:

Maybe I could do a banner sale to raise some money to pay for the last year of happy theming. lol

PerseH said:

Bland banners just never interested me, that's why I went with the profile pages. I also am not the best at working with people, so that's why I don't try too hard to get clients. lol

PerseH said:

I think you must for your sanity get away from the members pages and veer towards another way. Ning has successfully put a kabash on members pages.

You have a great rep all you have to do is gut this site and have a banner leading to your Wordpress, trust me people will click on it. I love your honesty lol might be why I like ya! I am not crazy about people in general but I can sure drive in the business plus networking is a must but again you have a excellent rep.

AnGella said:

Bland banners just never interested me, that's why I went with the profile pages. I also am not the best at working with people, so that's why I don't try too hard to get clients. lol

PerseH said:

I read just enough of the Ning crap to get more disgusted than I already was when it came out earlier in March. If we have a year though, you know I will help. I'll pm you:}

Thanks, that's good to know. :)

PerseH said:

You have a great rep all you have to do is gut this site and have a banner leading to your Wordpress, trust me people will click on it. I love your honesty lol might be why I like ya! I am not crazy about people in general but I can sure drive in the business plus networking is a must but again you have a excellent rep.

AnGella said:

PerseH said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

Translate!

Forum

Shiny Happy Random Thread 1595 Replies

Started by AnGella in Meeting Place. Last reply by James McDonald Jan 28.

RIP Skemanon 2009 - 2021 27 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Jun 3, 2023.

Apologies for Delayed Moderation 9 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by ღCustom Creationsღ Test Page Apr 21, 2021.

Skemanon 2020? 36 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Aug 10, 2020.

How to make puffy stickers in PSP 16 Replies

Started by QueenJackie in Tutorials ~ In General. Last reply by Connie (。♥‿♥。) Mar 14, 2020.

Generators!

Click the buttons below to make your own layouts!

SiteModel

Ning Generator

Skinny Ning

Biker Or Not

Test Your Ning Code Here!

Create!

Contribute to SA

Find this site helpful? Please consider a donation!

Random Ning Networks

© 2024   Created by AnGella.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service