Skemaholics Anonymous

Layouts 4 Ning and more!

I'm fairly speechless and at the same time I have so much to say that I can't get it all out in one sitting...

http://creators.ning.com/forum/topics/announcing-ning-3

Feel free to share your thoughts or just plain vent.

Views: 1498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The nav is up top on my site, likely not all sites. This is why I was trying to make the code simple as possible and not positioning or adding width to anything but allowing the code to follow the structure of the sites it would be used on.

Skem Tester ≧❀‿❀≦ said:
Kinda what I thought I have seen this before things messing up and thinking there doing something well they need to stop it!!! Tks I just found a nav code you gave someone else think I will work on a new 2.0 with that code today. The nav is up top. We'll see?

AnGella said:
Looks like a bunch of stuff is being thrown in by ning and it is messing with the code. Will have to look into it.

They told me people need to specifically follow any group or forum to receive notifications. I am on another 3.0 where I receive stuff from a discussion I started in a group but nothing else comes through. I have to check in the group itself to see if someone has written in it and definitely nothing is sent to me when someone posts on my page. This community is completely separate from my own.

And there is this ticket ( btw I had 9 tickets in a weeks into Ning help):

I created a forum just for Admin. but we are not receiving any notifications when someone posts in this forum, am I doing something wrong?

Submitted
Mar 25, 2014 at 2:01pm
Last Updated
Apr 8, 2014 at 3:06pm
Status
Closed
Topic
Managing my Ning Network

Attachments
BureaucraticOfficals.png, Screen Shot 2014-03-27 at 7.26.36 PM.png

Show entire ticket history (3 replies)

Mar 28, 2014 at 10:37am
Response (Aaron Ilika)

Persephone,

Thanks for this update. In this case, it looks like it's comments that aren't generating notifications, which is expected behavior right now in Ning 3.0. If you're not getting notifications for the discussion in that group, though, you'll want to make sure you're following it.

Best,
Aaron

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:11pm
Reporter (Persephone -)
I'm extremely discouraged. I have no Broadcast (nope it doesn't work), no Group comment notifications, no forum notifications. No idea when a member says anything.
Thank you for your response though I appreciate it.

I haven't done a generator because everything is up in the air and changing, but there is the test page available. The link is in the Network tips group. 3.0 editors

Only trouble now is they apparently changed some coding and it is conflicting with our CSS.

Skem Tester ≧❀‿❀≦ said:
I am on a foreign site that everything seems to work as far as communication to each other is great all the forums groups comments tutorials its all good just toady for the first time I can't get backgrounds to show and never has my activity background shown. I like creating here though this is my home~Without a generator its so hard not worth it most of the time. Spoiled:~}

PerseH said:
I migrated then begged to have my 2.0 back. Everything transferred corrected other than my forum but they worked that out unfortunately NO notifications work at this time and I am not sure this is a top priority for them. My community thrives on receiving notifications such as comments on someones page or comments in a forum or comments in a group etc... They do not have this working at all, and it seems my Broadcast wasn't working either. So I have my 2.0 back but they locked me out of my 3.0 till he next phase so hopefully they will have that fixed. Oh and btw the way people are working on the V2 now and not the V1 or the updated design studio platforms. So any CSS for communities you guys make might not work.

AnGella said:
Looks like they are still working out migration bugs. :(. One person said only group forums transferred. I want to be absolutely sure we don't loose anything before we make the move. Any of our members made the move?

Skem Tester ≧❀‿❀≦ said:

After all said and done I am ready for the change. I think it will be fun now that I have experienced the move on other sites. However we can make it much more fun by keeping the larger header 970x500 and up. That itself is a pleaser to us who create.

My community was dying, I get a good 2000 page views a week, that went from 2000 to 0 and I panicked. I felt completely disconnected from everyone, I am thankful they gave me my 2.0 back.

Example I went to that community just now and this was on my page and I didn't even know it.

Exactly.

AnGella said:
I haven't done a generator because everything is up in the air and changing, but there is the test page available. The link is in the Network tips group. 3.0 editors

Only trouble now is they apparently changed some coding and it is conflicting with our CSS.

Skem Tester ≧❀‿❀≦ said:
I am on a foreign site that everything seems to work as far as communication to each other is great all the forums groups comments tutorials its all good just toady for the first time I can't get backgrounds to show and never has my activity background shown. I like creating here though this is my home~Without a generator its so hard not worth it most of the time. Spoiled:~}

PerseH said:
I migrated then begged to have my 2.0 back. Everything transferred corrected other than my forum but they worked that out unfortunately NO notifications work at this time and I am not sure this is a top priority for them. My community thrives on receiving notifications such as comments on someones page or comments in a forum or comments in a group etc... They do not have this working at all, and it seems my Broadcast wasn't working either. So I have my 2.0 back but they locked me out of my 3.0 till he next phase so hopefully they will have that fixed. Oh and btw the way people are working on the V2 now and not the V1 or the updated design studio platforms. So any CSS for communities you guys make might not work.

AnGella said:
Looks like they are still working out migration bugs. :(. One person said only group forums transferred. I want to be absolutely sure we don't loose anything before we make the move. Any of our members made the move?

Skem Tester ≧❀‿❀≦ said:

After all said and done I am ready for the change. I think it will be fun now that I have experienced the move on other sites. However we can make it much more fun by keeping the larger header 970x500 and up. That itself is a pleaser to us who create.

What community is this? You still have a sandbox 3.0 or no?

PerseH said:

Example I went to that community just now and this was on my page and I didn't even know it.

That is Earth Monsters World, my Sandbox was fully migrated then I reverted back to the 2.0 for Pagan UnderWorld.

AnGella said:

PerseH said:

Here are the lists of things Ning can, can't and won't migrate:

Can Migrate

Can't or Won't Migrate

From these lists I think we would be safe, what do you think?

Ok, I think I might need to find a "LIVE" Ning 3.0 to join that is using my Script for CSS to see what is going on. Anyone got a link to an open and LIVE 3.0 with the profile style script?

PerseH said:

That is Earth Monsters World, my Sandbox was fully migrated then I reverted back to the 2.0 for Pagan UnderWorld.

AnGella said:

PerseH said:

Membership pending where? My community is locked by Ning (how nice of them right lol) till phase 2 comes out. Guess that was their punishment to me for requesting to have my 2.0 back.

Skem Tester ≧❀‿❀≦ said:
Membership is pending but what good is it if things are changing right? Who knows though from day to day lol

PerseH said:
Exactly.

AnGella said:

Skem Tester ≧❀‿❀≦ said:

PerseH said:

AnGella said:

Skem Tester ≧❀‿❀≦ said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

Translate!

Forum

Shiny Happy Random Thread 1595 Replies

Started by AnGella in Meeting Place. Last reply by James McDonald Jan 28.

RIP Skemanon 2009 - 2021 27 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Jun 3, 2023.

Apologies for Delayed Moderation 9 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by ღCustom Creationsღ Test Page Apr 21, 2021.

Skemanon 2020? 36 Replies

Started by AnGella in Announcements!. Last reply by AnGella Aug 10, 2020.

How to make puffy stickers in PSP 16 Replies

Started by QueenJackie in Tutorials ~ In General. Last reply by Connie (。♥‿♥。) Mar 14, 2020.

Generators!

Click the buttons below to make your own layouts!

SiteModel

Ning Generator

Skinny Ning

Biker Or Not

Test Your Ning Code Here!

Create!

Contribute to SA

Find this site helpful? Please consider a donation!

Random Ning Networks

© 2024   Created by AnGella.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service